beckoning

Cute and simple cards and crafts for every occasion

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cottage Wall Inspired Elegant Lines


The very first card I ever made was at a Stampin' Up! Garage Sale and it was made using Cottage Wall DSP. Purple is one of my favorite colors and I absolutely fell in love with this DSP and color combination right away. Another favorite of mine has been the Stampin' Up Elegant Lines embossing folder, but believe it or not, I had yet to actually use it before this set of cards - laziness, lack of inspiration, a little of both possibly. Well last week my awesome Upline, Niki Toll, demonstrated a brayer and embossing folder technique to us and I immediately wanted to try it myself using my Elegant Lines embossing folder.

Notice there isn't a sentiment on this card - it feels kind of odd not stamping a sentiment on there but I have received some requests for blank cards lately so I better get used to it!

Now I must admit that sometimes the ideas in my head don't always translate to finished products that I am very fond of...but I am actually liking the way this card turned out quite a bit =)

No comments:

Post a Comment